Friday 7 September 2012

Proms In The Park - Preston Guild

Once every 20 years Preston, my home City, dusts off the cobwebs and has a big party to celebrate "Preston Guild". They have street processions and a whole host of events.  This year they have kicked out the boat (onto the River Ribble) and arranged a spectacular Proms in Avenham Park.

They have not skimped on the acts, oh no, no second tier performers for Preston.  They have gone straight for the top and secured Jose Carreras, yes he of Three Tenors fame!  And they did not stop there, they then went and got the lovely Welsh lady Katherine Jenkins.  Together on stage for the first time!  They will both have individual sets then perform a "World Exclusive Duet"!!!!

Tickets for the event were a little overpriced at £65 but I very much doubt I will get the chance to see these two superstars of the music world.  The weather today is a little wet so I will be packing my umbrella.  I am going with my Mum and she is bringing the blankets and cushions, I am bringing the food & drink.

Preston Guild Official Website

Katherine Jenkins Official Website

Jose Carreras Website

No comments:

Post a Comment