Thursday 13 September 2012

The National Gallery & The Hunterian Museum - London

Once again I am off on my travels at the weekend, this time visiting the capital.

My first stop will be The Hunterian Musuem which is located within the Royal College of Surgeons in Lincoln's Inn Field.  Anything that explores the human body has my full attention as, like it or not, it is all relevant to us.  I am looking forward to viewing their collection and the current exhibition Anatomy of an Athlete.  I will then be moving on to The National Gallery.

I have been here before a few years ago with my Mum and my one lasting memory is sitting in front of Monet's Japanese Bridge and thinking that it was the most beautiful painting ever.  I have since then viewed quite a few other paintings but I am still looking forward to viewing this masterpiece again.

I have quite a few hours to look around so I have decided that I will hire an Audio Guide for £3.50.  Another way to learn about a painting is to hear the experts talk about it so I am sure it will be well worth the money.

As usual, I will post a short report and photos once I am home for you all to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment