Saturday 22 June 2013

Carmen - A Disappointment



I should have looked into this a little more before purchasing my ticket.  I must also learn the difference between what I deem Ballet and what passes for "modern" these days.

This performance was nothing like a Ballet, nothing at all.  For me this was a dance production, a modern dance and not a very good one.  Granted, I have never seen Carmen before and bar one piece of music, was not too sure on the music either, but this was just a mess.  I have no idea what was going on when our ears had to suffer through minutes of almost Neanderthal type noises, that I think were supposed to represent the "passion" between the characters.  It was hideous and most off-putting.

Thankfully I was in the same seats as my previous visit so only wasted $25 on this poor pretence of a Ballet.

No comments:

Post a Comment