Saturday 22 June 2013

The Mousetrap


What an excellent idea it was to decide to watch this local community performance of Agatha Christie's The Mousetrap.  I can fully understand now why this is such a popular play the world over.  I went to the Chicken Coop Theatre (excellent name) production at the Palmerston Library Theatre. 

From start to finish, this play was marvellous, each actor was truly convincing in their role.  I loved the fact that, due to the theatre being very small, the actors actually walked though the audience when going to the "kitchen" or "bedrooms".

I cannot of course give away the story, that is top secret, but I found the plot to be very convincing.  It really is one of those stories that, when it finally all unfolds, has you going "oh yes, that makes sense".

I picked up a leaflet for the coming season from Stage Centre Productions, the play was produced with their cooperation.  I quite fancy their upcoming staging of The Unexpected Guest, again by Agatha Christie.  This is not until October though.  If I do decide to go then I'll be sure to post a review here.

No comments:

Post a Comment